We require a 'Confirmation of Medical and Dental Student Eligibility to Apply' form (previously called a BUR99 MED form) for each student approaching their first academic year of being eligible to apply for an NHS Bursary. This is regardless of whether they will be doing an intercalation year and should be sent by the student's Medical / Dental School, even if the student will intercalate at a different university.
If the student is completing their intercalation year in a later year than their first NHS funded one and will be attending a different university, we will require a BUR102 form sent by the university where they are to attend their intercalation. Once the student returns to their medical / dental course, a further BUR102 will not be required.
If the student will be in study for more than 210 days (30 weeks) during their intercalation year, we will also need a BUR100 MED form sent by the university they will attend that year. This is to ensure they can be assessed for the appropriate bursary.