To be eligible for NHS LSF support you must be:
- studying on an eligible programme at a university in England
- eligible for tuition fee and a maintenance support from the Student Loans Company, either through:
- actively in study, whether academic or practice learning
- ordinarily resident in the UK
If you are eligible for student loan but choose not to apply for personal reasons we will assess your eligibility on a case-by-case basis. You will need to show that you meet the required eligibility criteria as set out by the Student Loans Company.
Students will not eligible for NHS LSF support in any of the following circumstances:
- they are paid for time off by their employer to attend the course and continue to receive a wage or salary whilst they train.
- they are in receipt of financial support while they train, such as salary support or paid sandwich years, as provided by an NHS trust or other NHS entity, including Health Education England.
Healthcare students who are eligible for an NHS Bursary are not eligible for NHS LSF.