If you travel without your existing UK Global Health Insurance Card (UK GHIC) or UK European Health Insurance Card (UK EHIC) and need treatment during your visit, you can apply for a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC).

You can only apply for a PRC if the need for treatment occurs during your visit. You can’t get a PRC in advance. 

The PRC will give you the same cover as an EHIC, UK GHIC or UK EHIC until you return home. 

You can apply for a PRC online or by contacting our helpdesk.

When applying for a PRC, you'll need to give:

  • your National Insurance number, if you know this
  • your name
  • your address
  • your date of birth
  • the name of the treatment facility
  • your treatment end date
  • the email address for the hospital, clinic or treatment facility
  • when you returned or plan to return to the UK
Comments (0)