This can be done via a process called 'Contract Provider Change'.
Compass allows a simple process to change the owner of the contract while the contract number remains open, you don't need to close a contract and create a new contract number when there has been a change in provider or contract type, such as a move to a limited company.
Before using the 'Contract Provider Change' function please be aware of the following:
- The contract number does not change, only the owner of the contract on a specified date (generally 1st of the month).
- The full monthly payment is made to the owner of the contract on the processing date for the month (we would advise for the change to take effect on the 1st of the month for this reason).
- Claims can continue to be submitted under the same number, therefore there will be no issues around continuations and free repairs and replacements.
- Claims for patients who have open courses of treatment when the provider change takes affect from can still be submitted on the same contract number.
- Any existing debt or recovery for under-performance is the responsibility of the new owner.
- The old Provider will no longer be able to see anything relating to the contract(s) on Compass and the new Provider will be able to view all matters relating to the contract(s), including information prior to the date of ownership change.
- It is up to the Commissioner to decide whether or not the use of the ‘Contract Provider Change’ function is an appropriate solution.
- The change will require approval by a second user.
Location: Contract >> Contract Provider Change
You need to enter the current Provider ID in the 'From Provider Field' and the new Provider ID in the 'To Provider' field. You will also need to enter the date you wish the change to take effect in the 'Change of Ownership Date' field. There's an option to add a reason for the change of ownership, please do this as often as possible as it helps keep an audit trail. Once all of these boxes have been completed click 'Search'.
Following the search, you will be presented with a list of contracts available to be changed, you can select which ones you wish to change by putting a tick in their box. Once you have selected the contract(s) you wish to change, click 'Submit'.
Once submitted, the change will require approval by a second user to complete the process.