There are 3 charge bands for NHS dental treatment in England and Wales.
You will only pay one charge even if you need to go to the dentist more than once to complete your course of treatment.
The current charge is £23.80 in England and £14.70 in Wales.
- an examination, diagnosis and care to prevent problems
- if necessary, X-rays, scale and polish and planning for more treatment
The current charge is £65.20 in England and £47.00 in Wales.
- all necessary treatment covered by band 1
- treatment such as fillings, root-canal treatments or extractions (having teeth taken out)
The current charge is £282.80 in England and £203.00 in Wales.
- all necessary treatment covered by band 1 and 2
- more complicated procedures such as crowns, dentures or bridges