If you are exempt at any point during a course of dental treatment you do not need to pay.

If you have become exempt during an ongoing course, tell your practice you do not have to make payment. You will be asked to sign a declaration confirming you are entitled to help with the cost of your dental treatment.

If you have already made payment towards your dental treatment and the treatment is still ongoing, the dental practice should refund any charges paid. If this is not possible or your course of treatment has ended, you can claim a refund using an HC5(D) form.