Providers can claim suspension payments if a performer they employ has been suspended.

Suspension payments are taxable and fully pensionable.

Read the full Statement of Financial Entitlement (SFE).

Who can apply

A provider can claim suspension payments if the performer:

  • has been suspended by the board
  • is, or before the circumstances causing their suspension was, employed on an NHS dental contract
  • is not registered as a Limited Company

How to apply

You can apply for suspension payments through your Commissioner.


Providers are paid a weekly amount based on the performer’s Net Pensionable Earnings (NPE) or Net Pensionable Earnings Equivalent (NPEE) on Compass at the date the payment is due.

Additional payments can be requested to cover any professional insurance the suspended performer has.