As HMRC do not send duplicate Child Benefit letters, if you are asked to provide evidence of it the following can be accepted instead:

  • Bank statements clearly showing that Child Benefit is in payment
  • Working Tax Credit letter confirming the 'child element' is payable
  • Child Tax Credit letter (provisional version is acceptable)

If you are not in receipt of either Child Benefit or Child Tax Credits due to your household income being too high, we can accept the letter which shows your entitlement has ceased. If you do not have this letter, you should instead provide a covering letter explaining this.