If your parents or partner have no form of income or taxable benefits, they will have declared zero on the application. They should enter an explanation for this in the application. For example, they are in receipt of non-taxable benefits, they are self employed but have not made a profit in the financial year or they have been reliant on their spouse, partner or civil partner's income.