You can use any of the following to show income from self-employment:

  • personal tax calculation or computation statement from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
  • self assessment tax return
  • statement of accounts
  • accountant's letter
  • annual tax summary

If you do not have the evidence for the requested financial year, the previous year's evidence may be accepted. You must provide a covering letter to confirm you do not have evidence for the requested financial year.

If you have no accounts due to only recently starting your business, you must provide a signed cover letter stating this. This must include the date the business was set up and you must provide any other information you think is relevant.

Tax Credit Award letters are not accepted as proof of self-employed income.