Any of the following forms of evidence can be accepted to prove employed earnings:

  • P60
  • March payslip. This must be a week 52 or month 12 payslip showing tax year to date figures
  • Letter on headed paper from employer providing full financial year details. This letter must include the same information as a P60 or payslip would provide
  • HMRC income confirmation. HMRC can be contacted by calling 0300 2003300
  • HMRC annual tax summary
  • P45 (This will only be acceptable for earnings from that particular employment, any other taxable income will need separate evidence)

Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.

A Tax Credit Summary / Award letter will not be accepted as proof of income.