We must see one of the following forms of ID:

  • birth certificate
  • passport
  • driving licence
  • national identity card
  • adoption certificate

If the dependant is in further education, one of the following is required in addition to ID:

  • letter from the further education institution such as sixth form or college confirming attendance or offer a place
  • current Child Benefit letter confirming continuing payments into the appropriate academic year
  • current Child Tax Credit letter for the current financial year

If the dependant is in higher education, a Local Education Authority or Student Finance England award letter is required.