You may be considered as an independent student if you were in the care of a local authority or voluntary organisation, or were under a custodianship order on your 18th birthday or immediately before your course if you are not 18 when it begins. To prove this, we will require either:

  • any relevant document or letter from a Local Authority social worker, support worker or voluntary organisation
  • documentation from the courts or solicitor regarding the custodianship order.