You can apply for Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (TDAE) once your basic award has been processed and approved. You will need to download a TDAE form from our website.

You will need to complete the form and take it to the Practice Placement Officer at your university along with any supporting evidence.

Your university is then responsible for verifying the evidence, stamping and signing the claim form and submitting it to us for processing and payment. It is up to the university to decide if the travel costs are relevant and we therefore require their authorisation to make any payments.

You cannot make a claim for placement costs in advance of your placement.