Already co-habiting prior to marriage

If the initial assessment has included your spouse's / civil partner's income and expenses because you were co-habiting, you would not need to have your basic bursary award reassessed or any additional allowances you have applied for.

To change your marital status complete a change of circumstances and provide any relevant evidence.

Did not co-habit prior to marriage

If the initial assessment has been based on your income and expenses only because you were not living with your spouse / civil partner before the marriage, your basic bursary award will need to be reassessed to take into account your spouse's / civil partner's income and expenses. This is regardless of whether you now live together. Your basic award would then be an aggregate amount figure of your entitlement up to the date of marriage and a new entitlement means tested on your spouse's income from date of marriage to the end of the academic year.

You can also apply for Dependants Allowance for your spouse and any children who are financially dependent on you.

You will need to submit a Change of Circumstances on your NHS Bursary account and provide any requested documents. You must also upload a covering letter stating the date you married and moved in together (if different).