GOV.UK Verify is a secure way to prove who you are online.
It makes it safe, quick and easy to access your Total Reward Statement (TRS) / Annual Benefit Statement (ABS). It is also used for other government services like filing your tax or applying for Universal Credit.
When you use GOV.UK Verify, you don't need to wait for an activation code to arrive in the post. It normally takes between 5 and 15 minutes to verify your identity the first time you use GOV.UK Verify. For some people, it may take longer.
GOV.UK Verify is being built by the Government Digital Service (GDS), working with government departments and the Privacy and Consumer Advisory Group. Using GOV.UK Verify is safe because:
- information isn't stored in one place
- there's no unnecessary sharing of information
- the certified company you choose doesn't know which service you're using
- the government department doesn't know which certified company you've chosen
- all the certified companies have to meet government and international standards for security and data protection
More information on GOV.UK Verify can be found here.