If you've changed your name, please upload a covering letter explaining the change and one of the following documents to your MyFunding account:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Civil partnership certificate
  • Decree Nisi or Absolute (divorce papers)
  • Deed Poll certificate

You also need to update your details in your MyFunding account using the 'Edit' button in the Personal Details' section.

Please also make sure your university is aware of your current name. This is because your university or college may need to send us details regarding your course. We must hold the same name as they do so we can match this information to your record.

If you are a postgraduate student and have a change in your living arrangements, that may affect your award. You'll need to upload evidence of your change and any income and expenses that was not previously supplied.

We will reassess your entitlement within 20 working days and notify you of the outcome via email.