If you are asked to provide photo ID you should instead provide three of the following:

  • recent utility bills (mobile phone bills are not accepted)
  • a tenancy agreement
  • your NHS medical card
  • a recent council tax bill
  • a Student Finance letter from a Local Authority or Student Finance

You also need to provide a covering letter explaining why you cannot provide a passport or driving licence. 

If you are a refugee provide your most recent Home Office letter and UK travel document issued by the UK Border Agency.

If you do not have anything from the list above send any official documents with your current name and address on. 

The NHS Bursary helpdesk cannot tell you if any alternative documents will be accepted. This decision is made by a bursary processor at the time of assessment.

Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence may result in your assessment being delayed.