If you are a non-UK national and we have asked you to show that you have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three years prior to the start of your course, the evidence you provide should be a combination (where possible) of different types of documents and can include the following:

  • utility bills (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)
  • Council Tax bills
  • tenancy agreements
  • Child Tax Credit / Child Benefit documentation (Can be used if you were receiving the benefit for a dependent or if you are the dependent named on the letter)
  • children's UK birth certificates
  • payslips
  • P60s
  • letter from employers
  • letter from education institution
  • bank statements showing regular activity in UK, such as withdrawals and purchases

You should ideally provide a combination of different documents from the above list. However, they should cover each of the relevant years prior to the first date of your course.

Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.