If you are applying for Dependants Allowance you will be asked to declare your child's estimated net income. If your child has no income, please enter £0.00.

You should not include any income from such things as child benefit, Education Maintenance Allowance or child tax credits.

If you receive maintenance payments from an ex-spouse or partner which is intended solely for the upkeep of that child, you also do not need to declare this.