If a prescription is issued in Scotland or Wales but the item is dispensed in England, you will be charged for your prescription unless you are entitled to help.

You also will be charged for any prescriptions issued in England but dispensed in Scotland or Wales.

If you live in Scotland or Wales but are registered at a GP surgery in England, you may be able to apply for an entitlement card to exempt you from prescription charges at pharmacies in Scotland or Wales. Your GP will be able to provide you with further information about this.

Prescriptions issued or dispensed in Northern Ireland are not chargeable in any UK country.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs and apply online.