To claim a prescription refund, you must ask your pharmacist for a ‘FP57’ refund receipt when you pay, you cannot get one later.

A prescription refund without an FP57 can only be considered in exceptional circumstances. If you believe you have exceptional circumstances for not collecting a FP57 receipt at the time of payment, you can write to us to request a refund.

Send your proof of payment and a covering letter outlining your circumstances to:

Good Cause Reviewers
NHSBSA Bridge House
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 6SN 


They will process the request within 10 working days of receiving a claim into the office.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs and apply online.