You'll need to upload a scan of your child’s birth certificate, passport or adoption certificate.

If you have more than one child you only need to provide one piece of evidence.

Children aged 15 or 16

For children aged 15 or 16 on the first day of your academic year we'll also need evidence they're registered with special educational needs.

This can be a copy of their Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan or their Statement of special educational needs (SEN).

A signed letter from the child’s school or college confirming they are registered with special educational needs can also be considered.