Some performers who are members of the NHS Pension Scheme faced a tax charge in respect of the growth of their NHS pension benefits above their pension savings Annual Allowance threshold.

If you were affected by this, you may be able to have this charge paid by the NHS Pension Scheme.

To apply for this, you must complete the Pension Compensation form on Compass.

To complete the form, log into your Compass account and select ‘Pensions Compensation Forms Requiring Attention’.

Select ‘Start new form’.

Once submitted, NHS Dental Services will carry out the relevant checks and send the form to NHS Pensions to review.

You'll be able to see once this has been completed by checking the form status on your Compass account.

Further guidance on the application process can be found on our website.

In addition to sending the ‘Pension Compensation Form’ on Compass, you must complete a ‘Scheme Pays Form’ and send this to NHS Pensions:

NHS Pensions
PO Box 683
Unit 5
Newcastle Upon Tyne