You're entitled to a free NHS dental treatment if at the start of your treatment you’re:
- under 18, or under 19 and in full-time education
- pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
- being treated in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist (but you may have to pay for any dentures or bridges)
You're also entitled if you or your partner get, or you're under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone getting:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit and meet the qualifying conditions
If you're entitled to or named on:
- a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- a valid HC2 certificate
If you have a HC3 for partial help with health costs you may also get help with the cost of NHS dental treatment.
Scotland and Wales
In Scotland, you get free NHS dental check-ups, treatments, and appliances if you're aged 18 to 25.
In Wales, you get free NHS dental check-ups if you're aged 18 to 24 or over 60.