In the European Union (EU) or Montenegro, a UK European Healthcare Insurance Card (UK EHIC) or UK Global Health Insurance Card (UK GHIC) entitles you to the same state-funded healthcare as a citizen of the country you’re visiting.

If you do not have a UK EHIC or a UK GHIC you can request a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) to prove your entitlement to medically necessary healthcare. If you have not paid for treatment yet, contact our helpdesk to request a PRC.

If you did not have a UK EHIC, UK GHIC, or a PRC and were charged for your healthcare, you may be able to apply for a refund.

Contact our helpdesk to request a refund.

You're unable to claim a refund for treatment in Montenegro. 

The amount refunded is decided by the country where treatment was received. All refunds are paid by BACS.