A UK GHIC or UK EHIC covers the provision of oxygen.

You must use the authorised oxygen company for the country that you're visiting.

Contact the health authority in the country you're visiting to find out who their authorised oxygen company is.

Information about national contacts for EU countries.

You must arrange your oxygen provision before you travel. Your home supplier will usually not be able to provide oxygen for you abroad.

You can also contact the British Lung Foundation Helpline for further guidance.

Telephone: 0300 0030 555



Canary Islands

If you have a valid UK GHIC or UK EHIC and travelling in the Canary Islands, you need to have a minimum of 15 hours a day of prescribed oxygen therapy to have treatment organised through the Spanish health authorities.

If you do not meet the required minimum of 15 hours a day, you may be expected to pay for your treatment privately.