During your application for a UK GHIC or UK EHIC, you will be asked if you plan to move to another country in the next 5 years.

You will need to enter the date you plan to move to another country when you apply. If you are unsure of the exact date, enter an approximate one.

The card will expire on the date you emigrate.

If you have an existing UK GHIC or UK EHIC and have moved to another country, your card is no longer valid.

You must return your card to us when you emigrate:

PO BOX 854
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE99 2DE

Depending on which card you are returning, start the address with either ‘UK GHIC’ or ‘UK EHIC’.