We can make deductions from an NHS pension for:
- attachments of earnings which instruct us to take money to pay back a debt such as court fines
- council tax attachment of earnings orders
- deduction from earnings orders such as child maintenance
- direct earnings attachment orders such as monies owed to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- payments to a health insurance provider
- charitable giving.
The deductions will be paid on the same date your pension is paid.
They may not reach the organisation until the 5th of the following month.
When deductions are made, we’ll send a ‘remittance advice letter’ to the organisation confirming your payment.