If you need a replacement for a lost or broken NHS denture, bridge or orthodontic appliance, your dental practice will charge you. This is sometimes referred to as a ‘Regulation 11 replacement appliance’.

The current charge is £92.00 per appliance in England, and £60.90 per appliance in Wales.

You will have to pay the NHS charge even if you normally qualify for free or reduced cost NHS dental services, but you may be able to claim a refund if:

  • paying the charge caused you undue financial hardship, or
  • you took reasonable care of the appliance

To claim a refund download and print the form FP17R11 and send it with your receipts to:

Bridge House
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle upon Tyne

You should complete part 2 with information about the appliance's loss or damage and submit the original receipt, not a photocopy. 

If you have lost your original receipt your dental practice can provide you with a duplicate.

Comments (0)