Any of the following evidence can be provided to prove that you have moved in with a spouse / civil partner / partner:

  • a letter from a professional person who is able to independently verify the circumstances, such as a solicitor or GP. The letter should include the date you moved in with your partner and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the professional person. You will also need to send a bank statement or utility bill in your name at the new address.
  • a Tax Credit Award Notice showing that you are now living with your spouse /  civil partner / partner.
  • a Council Tax letter showing both of your names.

Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.