Any of the following evidence can be provided to prove that you (or your parent, if they need to prove this) are single:

  • a letter from a professional person who is able to independently verify the circumstances, such as a solicitor or GP. The letter should include the name, address, telephone number and email address of the professional person.
  • a Tax Credit Award Notice showing that you/your parent are paid as a single person.
  • a Council Tax letter clearly showing a single occupancy discount - 'N' band ('Student discount') does not prove single occupancy.
  • Decree Absolute.
  • legal separation document.

Where possible, the document should show the date of separation for it to be used as evidence.

Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.