If you paid for an item before finding out you had a qualifying benefit or exemption , you might be able to claim a refund.

Refunds must be claimed within 3 months of the date you made payment. 

To apply, download, print and return a HC5(W) refund form with your original receipt. The HC5 form tells you where to send it. If you’re unable to print a form, contact us 0300 330 1343.