You can opt out of the NHS Pension Scheme on Compass.

Select ‘Pensions’ from the homepage menu, then select ‘Pension Tasks’ followed by ‘Application to Leave the NHS Pension Scheme’.

Select the ‘Details’ tab and enter your opt-out date, this cannot be a date in the past. Then ‘Submit’ your request.

Unable to use Compass

If a dentist cannot opt-out on Compass they must complete the application to leave the NHS Pension Scheme (SD502) form.

The dentist completes ‘Part 1’ of the form and sends it to the Dental Pensions Team at NHS Dental Services.


Pension Administration,

1 St Annes Road,


East Sussex

BN21 3UN

If your SD502 is received before the end of your first pay period, you’ll be treated as never being a member of the Scheme. Any contributions will be refunded by your employer.

The form, and more information about opting out of the NHS Pension Scheme, is available on our website.

Comments (0)