If you are unsure whether you are entitled to help with your NHS health costs you should make payment and ask for a receipt. If you then find out you’re entitled you can claim a refund, refunds must be claimed within three months of payment.

You can only claim a refund for charges paid at the time. If the charges have arisen from a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) you are not eligible for a refund.

NHS prescriptions

To claim a refund, you must request an NHS receipt called an FP57 from your pharmacy at the point of payment. You cannot collect this afterwards.

Return to any community pharmacy with your FP57 and evidence that you were entitled to free prescriptions at the time of payment.

NHS dental treatment

Apply for a refund by printing, completing, and returning a HC5(D) - 'Claim form for a refund of NHS dental charges' form, with a copy of your original receipt.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs and apply online.