You may be entitled to healthcare in Switzerland if you’re a:
- UK national
- Swiss national
- national of an EU country
- stateless person or refugee
You are also entitled to healthcare in Switzerland if you’re a family member of someone who holds one of these nationalities or statuses. Family members are spouses, civil partners, durable partners and children under 18.
You may be asked for proof of nationality or status when accessing healthcare in Switzerland.
You will also need to hold a valid certificate to access healthcare in Switzerland such as:
- a valid UK GHIC or UK EHIC
- a UK issued S1 form registered in Switzerland
- an S2 form issued for planned treatment in Switzerland.