Yes, if they no longer live together your bursary can be reassessed from the date of the separation based on the income of the parent you would normally reside with.

You will need to submit a Change in Circumstances and send in evidence of the separation. Any of the following could be sent for proof of separation:

  • a letter from a a professional person. The letter should include the name, address and telephone number / email address of the professional person
  • a Tax Credit Award Notice showing that they are paid as a single person
  • a Council Tax letter clearly showing that they have a single occupancy discount - 'N' band ('Student discount') does not prove single occupancy
  • a Decree Absolute or Final Order
  • a Legal separation document