If you are a dependent student who was formerly single and you start cohabiting with a partner, this will not have any impact on your basic bursary award or change your status to independent. Your basic bursary will still be based on your parent(s) income / expenses.

You will still need to notify us of your change in circumstances as we will need to amend your status to co-habiting and amend your address details.

If your partner has a child this would not automatically class you as independent. You would need to have Legal guardianship of have adopted the child.

You may now qualify for Dependants Allowance for you partner. If your partner has a child who you also now live with, Dependants Allowance may also be claimed for them.

You will need to complete a change of circumstances and provide any relevant evidence.