You can get an estimate by viewing your latest Total Reward Statement (TRS) on Electronic Staff Record (ESR).

Your TRS:

  • can be viewed online at any time
  • is free of charge
  • is a faster and more convenient way for you to view information about your NHS pension
  • is refreshed annually based on information supplied by your employer.

Updated statements are available between August and December each year for the previous Scheme year ending 31 March.

If you view your TRS and it does not include your pension statement, contact NHS Pensions.

If your employer does not have ESR or you’ve left the NHS Pension Scheme, you must request a copy of your TRS by emailing

We’ll provide you with an estimate of your pension benefits within 40 working days of receiving your request.

If your estimate does not include pension commutation, use the calculator on our website to check the amounts that may be available to you.

Read more information on the TRS website.

Incorrect information

If your statement is showing less service in the 1995 or 2008 Section than you should have, this could be because you worked part-time.  Part-time employment in these sections accrued membership at a lesser rate than full-time.

If you receive an estimate that you believe has incorrect pensionable pay or service details, you must tell your NHS employer. This information is provided by your employer at the end of every Scheme year.

If there’s been an error, your employer must update your record and request a new estimate.

If you’re deferred and you believe your service is incorrect, guidance is provided here.   

Remediable service statements

These statements will be issued if you had tapered or no protection and had to move to the 2015 Scheme before 1 April 2022.

This shows you two sets of figures for your pension benefits to date with either your membership for 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2022 in the 1995/2008 Scheme, or in the 2015 Scheme benefits.

You’ll receive your first remediable service statement by April 2025.

This’ll then be part of your annual benefit statement each year from 2025.

If you retire before your first remediable service statements is issued, you’ll be provided with the information as part of your retirement application process.

Read information on our website

Comments (0)